Business Advisory Skills Seminar
Putting The Pieces Together to Become a Successful Business Advisor
Beale International's Business Advisory Skills Seminar gives CPAs the tools needed to become skilled, confident business advisors. Participants learn how to help client companies meet the ongoing goals of increasing their potential to survive, grow and be more consistently profitable.
A combination of technical, business, and behavioral skills are needed to become a competent, and at times, spontaneous, business advisors. The seminar covers the following:
- A clear understanding of how small and midsized businesses work. Diagnostic skills and techniques to determine what is working and what is not working in client businesses.
- How to create a client centered "data use culture" to include both production and interpretation of financial and non-financial performance data.
- How to guide development of business strategies that get implemented.
- Management team design, selection and recruiting of qualified people for key positions.
- Idiosyncrasies of entrepreneurs and how to effectively advise them.
- Core systems required in all companies and core systems unique to specific industries.
- IT system traps and how clients can avoid them.
- The importance of competent controller and CFO functions.
- Dramatic success differences between "goal focused" and "best efforts" companies.
- Techniques for motivating clients to implement needed change.
- Differences between general business and technical consulting and assessing the need for each.
- Differences between successful marketing, selling and performing Business Advisory Services and compliance services.